There’s not much that can beat a great waterfront view while dining in Southwest Florida. Especially after a long day on the water when cooking dinner seems like a chore-and-a-half. Wouldn’t it be nice to pull up to a dock and sit down for a nice meal with amazing views? You can! Here’s a guide to boatable restaurants with dockage near Sanibel & Captiva Island.
Sanibel & Captiva Island
Gramma Dots – This is one of my favorite restaurants on island, and it’s located right in the Sanibel Marina, how convenient is that? If I can put in a shameless plug in for the fish n’ chips, it’s amazing, and you won’t regret it. Click here to learn more about Gramma Dots.
Green Flash – Located about half-way up the bayside of Captiva Island, the Green Flash is another local favorite everyone should visit. Dine inside or out on the patio. They even have a nice banquet room upstairs for hosting events and larger gatherings. Click here to learn more about the Green Flash.
While there aren’t a ton of restaurants with their own dockage, you do have the option of docking at a marina, such as Jensen’s Marina on Captiva, and walking to a nearby restaurant. Or calling ahead to Tween’ Waters Marina and purchasing a transient docking pass to enjoy one of their restaurants on site.
North Captiva & Cabbage Key
Barnacle Phil’s – Located in Safety Harbor at the tip of North Captiva, Barnacle Phil’s is a great mid-day stop for a quick lunch along the bay. This is an unfussy, seat yourself at any picnic table type of establishment, with lots of island character and a big chickee hut! Be sure to call ahead to see if they are open, (239) 472-1200.
Over The Waterfront – Also located in Safety Harbor, Over the Waterfront is a small restaurant actually located ON a dock itself. That’s right, it’s not only waterfront, it’s over the water! Docking and space within the restaurant is limited, as you can imagine, so be sure to call ahead: (239) 472-4762.
Dollar Bill Bar & Restaurant – Located on Cabbage Key, you’ll see where this fun establishment gets it’s name as soon as you walk in the door. The open-air bar and restaurant is a fun staple to experience either by your own boat, or via the water taxi that runs from Pine Island. Click here to read more about the restaurant on Cabbage Key.
Besides Sanibel, Captiva and the Upper Islands, our neighboring SWFL cities also have a handful of waterfront restaurants with dockage. Here’s a list of a few in each city. You can see the location of each restaurant by locating the number on the map below.
1. Pinchers – Click here for more info
2. Joes Crab Shack – Click here for more info
3. Bimini Bait Shack – Click here for more info
4. Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar – Click here for more info
5. Rumrunners – Click here for more info
6. Boat House Tiki Bar & Grill – Click here for more info
7. Nauti Mermaid Dockside Bar & Grill – Click here for more info
8. Pinchers – Click here for more info
1. Big Hickory Grille – no website listed, 239-992-0091
2. Coconut Jack’s Waterfront Grille – Click here for more info
3. The Fish House – Click here for more info
4. Backwater Jacks – Click here for more info
Fort Myers Beach
5. Nervous Nellies – Click here for more info
6. Matanzas on the Bay – Click here for more info
7. Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille – Click here for more info
8. Dixie Fish Company – Click here for more info
9. Parrot Key – Click here for more info
10. Bayfront Bistro – Click here for more info
11. Flippers on the Bay – Click here for more info