There are many types of real estate agents out there. You’ve probably experienced this for yourself!
There’s the old school agent who markets their properties using the same old practices their grandfather taught them, and there’s the new school agent who embraces every new technology out there, shying away from traditional practices.
Old school agents sell properties by:
- Taking photos on their personal cameras
- Entering the home into the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Sticking a sign in yard
- Telling a few agents about new listing
- Waiting for buyers and/or agents to drive by and call the number on the sign
- Selling hard and negotiating aggressively
New school agents sell properties by:
- Hiring a professional photographer or taking the photos on their iPhone
- Emailing or texting clients and agents about the listing coming soon
- Entering the home into the MLS
- Putting a sign in the yard, sometimes
- Advertising the property on 3rd party platforms like Zillow and Realtor.com
- Shooting virtual walk-throughs and video home marketing
- Publishing a website for the home, and featuring the property in eNewsletters
- Advertising the property on social media channels
So, what type of Realtors® are Susan & Jim?
Hmm… I’d classify them as “new school marketing guru’s, with classic, old school values.”
If you didn’t know, Jim’s background is in software and technology and he loooves exploring the latest real estate software and industry trends. Since we’re a small brokerage, we have the ability to experiment with the latest and greatest marketing practices, allowing our creativity and technical know-how to reach customer’s through a multitude of channels. Our team uses a mix of old-school and new-school real estate marketing strategies to get your home sold 3.4 times faster and for 2.4% more money than the average Sanibel agent (really, these are stats based on our island property sales in 2015).
And, have you met Susan?? You’ve probably experienced her “big heart” through your communications with her and our team members. Susan knows the island like the back of her hand, and is happy to share her personal stories, both the good and the bad. Our clients say she’s the most hard-working, caring individual you’ll meet in the industry. Both Susan and Jim carry what some might consider “old-school values” of honesty and humility.
You see, clients of McCallion & McCallion are a part of the family, whether we are welcoming you to the Sanibel community or seeing you off to life’s next adventure. When you walk into our office, you’re greeted with a warm welcome, (head’s up – Susan’s a hugger), and offered a cup of warm coffee (brewed in a Keurig® of course, because we have new school technology).
But in all seriousness, there are two types of real estate companies, and ours happens to take the best of both worlds. Susan and Jim work hard to not only welcome you as a valued customer, but are aggressive in their approach to getting your home sold using the most effective tools and resources available.
Susan & Jim sell properties by:
- Visiting the home to provide staging tips and suggestions on area’s of improvement
- Hiring a professional photographer to take photos of your home
- Sending an in-house marketing specialist (that’s me!) to your property to capture its best features
- Advertising the home to our database of 10,000+ customers
- Featuring the home on the MLS, Zillow and other 3rd party real estate sites
- Creating a webpage specifically for marketing the best features of your home
- Featuring your home on our online and social media channels
…that’s just the beginning of course, I can’t reveal all of our secret sauce! 😉
If you are interested in learning more about how Susan & Jim can help sell your Sanibel home or find you the perfect property… give us a call (239-472-1950) or shoot us an email (email@example.com). We’ll be happy to schedule a time for you to meet us in office or over the phone! Of course we prefer in-office so you can experience Susan’s welcoming hug and our great coffee selection!